Saturday 5 January 2019

Wiggles Card - Scrapping Fun Kits DT

My Granddaughter's 2nd Birthday Party was Wiggles themed so I just had to make her a Wiggles card.  I decided on a pop up box card with the current characters but I needed a fun background paper.  The yellow paper with brightly coloured stars from the Gaming Kit was the perfect background paper for a Wiggles themed card.



I created my base from a A4 sheet of red cardstock from my stash.  I scored it not quiet half way along the width so that I had 1 side that was 4 inches and 1 side that was 4 1/4 inches.  I then turned it 90 degrees and along the length I scored it at 1/2 inch and then every 2 3/4 inches.

I then cut the 1/2 x 4 inch section away and cut along each of the 4 inch lines.
I glued the 1/2 inch tab inside to form a box.

I used some scraps to make 3 internal pieces which I cut to 3 3/4 inches long and scored a half inch on each side.  I folded the 1/2 to a right angle and glued them in with Helmar Acid Free Glue.


For the characters you could fussy cut them from packaging or wrapping paper, etc, whatever you have or if you have a Silhouette you could use the Pixscan to cut them for you.













I cut my star paper into two 2 5/8 inch lengths of paper and then cut one of these into 2 3 3/4 inch piece and the other into a 4 3/4 inch piece so it would go down into the card a little; which left a scrap that was too short to fully cover the front panel but that was fine as I was covering the top of that panel with the Wiggles sign anyway.

I added a red glitter number 2 from my stash to the front and called this card done.  I love how it turned out, so simple but so effective.



I love how the card turned out and I can't wait to see Miss E's face when I give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment