Wednesday 2 January 2019

Timey Whimey Scrapbooking - Helmar Creative Team

I wanted to share Dr Who Scrapbooking layouts with you today.
Being a nerd family who loves all things Science Fiction especially Dr Who and having kids and hubby who love all things science I am always on the look out for science and space themed scrapping supplies so when I spotted this awesome space themed paper pad I just had to grab it and get some scrapping happening.
I pulled out my left over bits from my Who Kit from Scrapping Fun Kits and got to work scrapping photos of my boys cosplaying the 10th and 11th Doctor at FraserPop 2.0 and of our trip to Brisbane Supanova 2018, Mr E got his photo taken with John Barrowman and he cosplayed the 10th Doctor and I went as his companion Donna Nobel.  
I started with the photos from FraserPop 2.0
I selected a paper from the paper pad as my background and then  trimmed my photos where needed and matted them on some shimmery dark navy paper from my stash with Helmar Acid Free Glue.   From my embellishments I selected the TARDIS from the cut apart, the word WHOVIAN from the cut apart and the bow tie and Cyberman head die cuts for this layout.

I adhered the matted photos and TARDIS down with Helmar Acid Free Glue and I adhered the Cyberman head and Bowtie die cuts down with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give them a bit of lift.  



I finished my layout by adhering some wood veneer stars randomly around the page with Helmar Acid Free Glue.


For my second layout I decided to scrap the photo my husband messaged me of Mr E holding his photo with John as I was unable to make the photo session and he wanted me to see how happy E was.
I started by picking a background paper and then mounting my photos on the same shimmery navy paper with Helmar Acid Free Glue.  I needed something light to do my journaling on so I adhered the matted photo onto some light paper from the paper pad, added my journaling and trimmed.
I then adhered this with Helmar Acid Free Glue to a piece of Union Jack paper from the Scrapping Fun Kits Who Kit on a angle.  Added some Starry Night washi behind this. 

For my embellishments I decided to use the metal Sonic Screwdriver charm and Converse Charm I adhered these with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. For the Sonic I put some of the Helmar 450 Quick Dry down directly onto the page and then sat it in it and for the shoe I applied it to the back of the charm and then put the charm where I needed it.




I then added a small amount of the trim from the pack to look like it was tied to the charms and topped it with the  WHOVIAN word from the cut apart which I inked the edge of with a very old navy mini ink pad, adding some Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots on the right side of the word so it would be popped up at the same level as the left which is on top of the charms and trim.

I love how this layout turned out.  That background paper was perfect and meant I really didn't need much more.



For my third layout I scrapped the photos of taken with John Barrowman
I trimmed them a little so they would fit better and journaled on a page I took out from the TN insert I used for my October Daily and November journal.

I matted my photos on  a scrap of the light paper I had used in the second layout and matted my journaling with a scrap of the shimmery navy paper.   I adhered them down with Helmar Acid Free Glue, added my title  and built my simple embellishment cluster using a TARDIS from the cut apart and a trenchcoat charm which I adhered with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

I think the background paper feels like a time vortex.  What do you think?



And for my final layout I scrapped the photo of my son and I at Supanova in our cosplays.
This one I started by building my layers behind my photo and decided on my background after doing this as I kept changing my mind about what I wanted as a background.
I matted my photo on a scrap of the shimmery navy paper and layered it with the scrap of light paper and this other cool paper from the paper pad.
I added some nebula washi to my layers and decided on a white cardstock background so adhered my layers down to the cardstock with Helmar Acid Free Glue and then add some of the nebular washi and starry night washi to the corner.  I added some starry night washi behind my layers.


I added my title and then added the charms to the layout using Helmar 450 Quick Drive Adhesive.  I used the trim again on the Sonic and shoe charms but this time I added a piece of the London washi to a scrap from the cut apart and added it on top of the charm cluster with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.




I covered my photo with some plastic packaging, splattered some ink sprays around the page.  Then I added some journaling to under my layers and finished with a doodle/scribble border.
I love how it turned out.

I have a Process Video for you so you can see how it all came together including my mistakes and changing my mind due to positive feedback from viewers regarding how they find this helpful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment