Monday 11 November 2019

Preparing for December Daily in my Journal - Ruby Rock-It Creative Team



This is the time of year when I am starting my preparations for December, in my last Ruby Rock-It Creative Team post I shared with you my setting up a Pocket sized TN as my wallet with a Christmas feel using Crafter's Choice Nostalgic Traditions and Today I wanted to share with you the other important part of my December that needs preparing.  My December Daily Journal, like my October Daily I combine December Daily with my journal keeping as I have found it is the only way I can get it completed.
With doing December Daily each year I struggle with needing Summer feeling Christmas supplies that suit it as apart from maybe 3 or 4 traditional coloured spreads my layouts tend to be needed Summer feeling supplies as it is so hot here at that time of year, so when I saw Crafters Choice Festive Pop I felt it was perfect for my DD Journal this year.  I am combining it with some items from Nostalgic Traditions but I think I will mostly use Festive Pop as it is so fun and perfect for hot weather Christmas memory keeping.
I selected the Festive Pop 6x6 paper pad, Sticker Booklet and Die Cuts for setting up my DD Journal, they coordinate so well with the gold striped notebook I am going to use for my journal.

I knew I wanted a pocket inside the front cover to hold the various numbered items, memorabilia I collect, etc while awaiting my weekly sit down and stick in my memories session so I selected a paper from the Festive Pop 6x6 paper pad to form my pocket.
At the end of December when I am finished with the supplies I keep in the pocket I will use it to hold mementos that don't fit on any of my layouts, thereby keeping my memories from December together and easy to find.

I measured the inside of my cover and added a inch to the  measurement and a half inch to the  measurement.  I cut my paper to this size and then scored a half inch on 2 sides and the bottom.
I snipped out the corners and folded my scored sections over, burnishing for a crisp fold.
I added Stickmast Heat Resistant tape to my folded edges. 
Note I use heat resistant tape when I can't use liquid glue as the climate in my home all other adhesive other than my preferred Helmar Glue and the Heat Resistant Tape gives way during Summer.

I adhered my pocket down to the inside of my cover, being careful to line it up with the edges.
How perfect is this paper for the inside of this cover?














Next I went through the paper pad and pulled out one of each of the papers that had numbers on them.

I partially cut them up to put in my pocket, ready for on the go memory keeping.

Aren't they just perfect for a Summer DD?













Now I could move onto my front cover.

I went through the Festive Pop Sticker Booklet and decided to spell out December 2019 using 2 of the alphas in the booklet.

I added 2 stars from the Festive Pop Die Cuts to the top corner, gluing them down with some Helmar Acid Free Glue.









Next I built a cluster down the bottom with trees and presents from the Festive Pop Die Cuts and Festive Pop Sticker Booklet.

I needed a tiny present under the green tree and next to the pink and silver tree so I cut the present this cute dog was carrying from the sticker and layered the badly cut edge under the tree, I then neatened up the dog and added him to my cluster as he is so cute.







Finally I decided the inside of my cover needed a bit more so I selected this awesome spotty paper from the Festive Pop 6x6 paper pad and cut it just a shade narrower than my pocket.  I adhered it with Helmar Acid Free Glue, tucking it into the pocket.

I held the pocket slightly open for a few minutes to ensure it wouldn't stick closed.  I accidentally tore the top of my pocket so I selected this blue sticker strip from the Festive Pop Sticker Booklet and stuck it down along the top.  To pull the blue further into the layout I added a blue tree sticker to my pocket.

As my star on the front was poking up I added 2 stars from the Festive Pop Die Cuts to the inside of my cover, lining them up with the bits that were poking up.

While I had the  out I cut out the number stickers from it and added them to my selection in my pocket.  Now I have plenty of choice when I am documenting my December memories.



I really love how Summery my journal feels.






No comments:

Post a Comment