Monday 21 October 2019

Christmas Pocket TN set up - Ruby Rock-It Creative Team


When I saw the new Crafter's Nostalgic Treasures range I loved it's traditional colours and thought it would be perfect for my planner set up for the lead up to Christmas, journaling the events of November and December that involve traditional colours and scrapping memories that need those gorgeous traditional colours.


I have been having a bit of a creative block and my usual tactic of just sticking something down and keep sticking until I am happy with what I have hasn't worked so I used my other creative block ending tactic of picking a simple project that needs doing and just doing it.
I have wanted to try using a Field Notes sized TN as my wallet for ages and scored a cover cheaply the other week which came with a insert that had no cover on it so I decided to break my creative block by making a removable cover for my insert and see where that takes me.

I decided I wanted to use the foiled papers in the 12x12 paper pad from the Nostalgic Treasures range for my pocket TN and if this went well I would make a few items for it to give myself a cute Christmas planner to carry with me.
I loved the first paper in the pad so cut a piece measuring 5 5/8 by 7 1/2 inches.
I wrapped it around my insert, creased and then trimmed any overhang.

I then cut a piece of the gorgeous mirror gold cardstock from the Crafter's Choice Luxury A4 Gold Cardstock pack the same size, scored it and then adhered it with Helmar Acid Free Glue to the inside of my paper.  This would give the cover some needed structure and it looks gorgeous.  












Best of all my TN cover has gold elastic and gold on the inside so it coordinated beautifully with my TN cover.








I used some Distress Ink in Fired Brick around the edge of my paper.










I had a slight misalignment so I used a old border punch from my stash with the Gold cardstock I lined the inside of my cover with and punched a border for my front cover, adhering it down with glue.

I then grabbed out my pack of Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures Die Cuts and selected the car and a Merry Christmas die cut to use on my front cover, adhering them down with glue.


I added the word Plans under the word Christmas with some alphas from my stash to finish off the look.

I now have a adorable notebook for writing down notes about my plans for this Christmas, gift ideas, names of recipes to try, etc.



While I had the Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures Die Cuts out I decided to make some cute paperclips for my Christmas planning.
I sorted through the die cuts and found ones that would match back to back.







I added a glob of Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and placed my paper clip in it before adding my other die cut to the top.
I left them to dry for a while to ensure a strong hold.







I decided my cover needed something so I grabbed out my Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures Tag Pack and selected a tag to tie to my elastic on the front of my cover so it would look more festive.

















My final need in this TN is a reward cards insert, I followed this tutorial I found on YouTube..
I selected a foiled paper to use and got to work creating it.  I now have all my reward program cards in a easy to access folder.  Organised by frequent of usage and location where I use them, as living regionally some cards are only used when I shop in other towns. 











I love how cute and festive this set up is and now feel more confident about getting my A5 planner set up for the more detailed planning at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment