Saturday 19 October 2019

October Daily 2019 Preparation & Day 1 - CraftOnline Creative Team

Last year I did my first October Daily project, I decided to do it the way I found success with December Daily and combine it with my journal keeping.  I loved how it turned out and wanted to do the project again this year but I am torn, I love doing my October Daily and December Daily combined with my journal keeping but I also really want to do a cute Halloween mini that is focused on doing Halloween prompts so I decided to prepare for both.




















As I couldn't find my small Halloween stash so I needed to start from scratch this year and ordered some great goodies from CraftOnline.


Items used in this project
Poppy Crafts Candelabra Die
Poppy Crafts Cute Cat Die
Poppy Crafts Blooming 6x6 Paper Pad
Poppy Crafts 6x6 Textured Cardstock Pad
Poppy Crafts Christmas Glitter 6x6 Cardstock Pad
Simple Stories Say Cheese Collection
Doodlebug Planner Insert Daily Dots Daily Doodles Calendar
Tim Holtz Ideaology Countdown Brads
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar Chrystal Kote Matt Varnish
Dorland's Wax Medium
Universal Crafts Embossing Tool
Stickmaster Heat Resistant Double Sided Tape 
Distress Oxide Seedless Preserves
Distress Oxide Carved Pumpkin
Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
Distress Ink Wild Honey
Distress Ink Black Soot
Distress Ink Carved Pumpkin
Vellum
Silhouette Die Cutting Machine
I used the older Universal Crafts Fine Line Applicators but here is a link to the new ones that I can't wait to try.


I adapted Serena Bee's October Daily Prompt List to a list that better suited a Halloween specific project as the Fall prompts don't suit me since I live in the Southern Hemisphere and I wanted to save Spring Prompts for a November project or maybe for September next year.  You can download a copy of my Prompt List here, I also added a October Awareness & Cultural Day List to the document, some Awareness & Cultural Days change each year so some may be incorrect for 2020.

I printed my prompt list on to vellum and distressed it with Distress Oxide in Carved Pumpkin and Seedless Preserves and added some Distress Ink in Black Soot and Peacock Feathers to give it a grungy Halloween look. 
I glued some adorable pumpkin paper from Simple Stories Say Cheese Collection to my page and adhered my list to it with Helmar Acid Free Glue,  washi and stickers from the Simple Stories Say Cheese Collection.

.
 I cut out the Poppy Crafts Candelabra Die from white cardstock and black glitter cardstock and then coloured the flames with Distress Ink in Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin.
I cut the candles from the black glitter cardstock die cut and glued it to the white cardstock die cut.
I think it turned out super cute.













Click on this photo or the video below to watch my Process Video and see how I created my cover, a pocket inside the pocket, added my lists and completed my Day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66bV_ZWLkY&feature=youtu.be


October Daily is a lot of fun no matter what format you choose to do it in so why no join in the fun and give it a go, it doesn't matter that it is a few weeks in you can still join in the fun.
Serena has a great Facebook Group that are full of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment