Friday 14 June 2019

Frozen Inspired Card - Ruby Rock-It Creative Team



My granddaughter loves Frozen, especially Elsa.  She was singing Let It Go months before her 2nd Birthday so I knew I needed to make her a Frozen inspired card for her 3rd Birthday and I felt a shaker card created with Bella Glitz Cardstock and Crafter's Choice white glitters would be a perfect way to start the process of creating a Frozen card for a Elsa loving little person.




I cut a frame from some Bella Glitz Cardstock in Powder GZ29and some scrap acetate to start my shaker card.










I also die cut my granddaughter's name from the Bella Glitz Cardstock in Powder GZ29 using my Silouette Curio and a Frozen font I downloaded some time ago to put inside my shaker.
















I got some glue on my acetate so I added some die cut snowflake borders I had in my stash to the front of my acetate to hide this.

















I decided to cut the edges of some Fundamentals Doilies in White off the doilies to get 3 sections off each doily and create another sort of snow feeling layer.


I then cut a frame from the pinky purple shade in the Francheville cards & Envelopes Primary Pack to put on top of the edges of these to hide the edges.












I put some 1/2 inch foam tape around all 4 sides being careful to not leave any gaps.

















Now it was time to place my letters inside my shaker and add some of each of the white glitters as well as some silver and navy Ruby Rock-It Micro Beads.
















I pealed the backing off the foam tape and turned my card base upside down and placed it on my shaker.



















I added a pale blue frame using a card from the Pastel Francheville cards & Envelopes pack.










Next I decided to grab out a sheet of Fundamentals Vellum and tears half inch strips to create a extra border and some snowy hills and icicles to improve my scene.

I added another pale blue frame cut from the back of the card.

As I wound up with a crinkle at the bottom I decided to add some Crafter's Choice Bling Flourishes to detract away from the crinkle.









 
I added Bling Corners Blue & Clear first, manipulating the top swirl to make it go higher and trimmed off the overhang of the bottom swirl, using the off cuts to add to the existing swirl of the top swirl.









I then grabbed out Bling Flourish Clear and added the small one to my swirls, I trimmed off some of the bottom and  used the off cuts to add to other swirls.









I loved how my first ever shaker card turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment