Wednesday 19 December 2018

Simple Christmas Cards - CraftOnline Creative Team

Today I have some simple Christmas cards to share with you that I created for a kids Christmas card making class and the CraftOnline Creative Team.  The kids Christmas card making workshop was going to be for ages 6 and up so I wanted to have quick and simple cards and something a bit more advanced for the older kids.



Items used in this project include.
Poppy Crafts Merry Christmas script die (no longer avaiable)



I decided to create a wreath card and experiment with foiling using the double sided adhesive paper from Universal Crafts for one card.  I had a idea about how I wanted to do this but did some quick research to see if anyone had used foil the way I was thinking and found this video from Jennifer McGuire, she has 5 ways she uses it and the one using adhesive paper was exactly what I was thinking about so it was good to know it could work before I started playing with the technique.

I keep forgetting to order a replacement bone folder (mine went missing a few months ago) so I had to use a brayer for this technique and I got a kind of grungy foil look that I really love.

I then experimented with creating a watercolour background and paper background for my card.








For the second card I went with a design that uses up paper scraps.  I made another version of this card a few years ago for another children's card making class.  I do not remember where I got the inspiration from as it was so long ago but I do love this technique for creating a quick card that uses up your scrap stash.

I then decided a trifold step card would be cool.  To make it easier I used a cut file and my Silhouette Curio to cut the base and then I just decorated it with Simple Vintage Christmas paper and chipboard stickers from Simple Stories.  I love the results.

Inspired by some of the papers while making this card I created 2 more pages in my Childhood Christmas Memories album, you can find the process video for them here.




I love how the kids took what I showed them and created these cute cards.



















No comments:

Post a Comment