Wednesday 19 December 2018

Childhood Christmas Memories album - 2 more pages - CraftOnline Creative Team

When creating the Trifold Card in my Simple Christmas Cards video I felt that the papers from Simple Vintage Christmas by Simple Stories were perfect for my St Nick and Decoration pages in my Childhood Christmas Memories project so I decided to do a second video for you this month and share my process of creating these 2 pages for you.



Items used in this project include.
Simple Stories Simple Vintage Christmas chipboard stickers  


Previously I left myself 2 pages short so I added a page in earlier but I still needed one more page in this section as this time period in my memories needs 3 pages so I used 1 of the papers from the 6x8 paper pad to become a large tip in that folds up from the top.
For the page that will be behind my tip in I added the top half of another paper from the paper pad over the join so it would look like it belonged.

I needed to pull in the colours from my previous page so I stenciled with the Tim Holtz stencil using my Dina Wakley paint in Peacock to pull part of this design over while also having the more traditional look needed for these pages.
I made sure my stenciling went over the bottom of the piece to pull it together and make if feel like it was meant to be that way.





I matted my photos in a cluster on some red cardstock and fussy cut the holly on the paper so it could sit on top of my photo.































For the front page/tip in this was going to be my St Nick page so I just matted my photo and added a couple of chipboard stickers to finish it off.


I needed these pages to be fairly flat as I didn't want to add anymore chunk to it, the chipboard stickers gave a little chunk but didn't over do it, they were perfect for my needs.



















I love how these pages turned out and I have the back side of my St Nick page to add in my journaling when I am happy with what I have written.
I hope this project has inspired you to record some precious memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment