Saturday 3 November 2018

White with 1 November Challenge - ET Awareness - Guest DT

When I saw the colour prompt for this month it was really special to me as I have been planning to do a fundraiser inspired by my Mum's journey with a rare blood cancer next year and had just started to select items for that kit.  The colour for Essential Thrombocythlamia is Orange so the kit will have some lovely orange bits.






This was a difficult layout for me to do mentally as I was working on it in October which is always a tough month for me as her anniversary and her birthday both fall in October but I think it was a important step in my journey of grief.

I wanted to make a TN sized layout to add into my October Daily as a tip in for the date of her anniversary, so I cut some watercolour paper to size as my base.

I pulled out my orange bits from the fundraising kit and from my October 2017 kit.  As well as my Distress Oxide in Carved Pumpkin and just started playing.









Here is a process video showing how it came together.  The next day I decided to change it a little so check out the below pic for the finished result.





In addition to the paper bag I added a label and flower from the October 2017 Kit cut apart and added a number 9 sticker to form a sort of date cluster for my October Daily.
































I greatly appreciate all the support I had with my fundraiser in May.  Due to the support of my subscribers and fans I was able to make a good sized donation and with your continued support hope to do so again next year.  I will announce which charity it will be as soon as I have the donation approval letter from them, so make sure to check our social media regularly so you don't miss out on this announcement as Facebook doesn't always show you posts from pages you follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment