Wednesday 17 July 2019

Friends - CraftOnline Creative Team

I love Typography but due to my hand issues I can't do it myself so I was scrolling through CraftOnline's shop looking at the various Typorgraphy type stamps and fell in love with the range from Pretty Quick, the "Friends are like Stars" stamp had me thinking about how it is so true of my friendships, we go for long periods of not seeing each other or chatting but when we are there and when we do get the chance to see each other it is like no time as passed.
This lead to me thinking about my friend Shirlee who makes gorgeous cakes for my family and how this stamp makes me think of her so I decided I would scrap the photo of the cake she made for C's 14th and keeping where his party was held in mind I started exploring the store for anything that would suit a computer game themed layout.









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUp6dHiYtxU&feature=youtu.be

Here is my process video for this layout.    You can click on the above pic to have the video open up in YouTube or click on the below video to watch.




Close up pics of the various aspects of the layout are further down in this post.



Items used on my project.
Poppy Crafts 6x6 Textured Cardstock pad
Pretty Quick Inspiration Friends Are Like Stars stamp
To get a nice clear image from the quote stamp you will need a precision stamp tool such as the Misti or the Stampmaster Precision Stamping Tool I used.
Dina Wakely paint in Evergreen
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
Poppy Crafts Wooden Elements Birthday 
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue
The Stamping Bella stamp I used is now sold out but I think Oddball Geek would be also suitable (still available at the time of writing this.)
Eyelet Outlet Video Game brads
Dina Wakely Washi Tape #4
49 and Market Captured Adventure 6x6 paper pad
The PhotoPlay paper I used is now out of stock as is the individual sticker sheet from Birthday Boy Wishes, however the collection for Birthday Boy Wishes is still available and has a great green paper that would work well with this layout, I didn't order it as I had Jurassic.
I stamped my images with Archival Ink in Black and Grey on watercolour paper.
I coloured my Gamer image with the following Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, Black Soot, Hickory Ash, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire.
I used the packaging technique on my cardstock and my stamped quote with Distress Ink in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.
And I sealed all my items I had used Distress Ink on with Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative.


After I had all my bits I decided to add the new Poppy Crafts Paper Storage Case to keep my supplies in when working on a specific project.  And I grabbed a new pokey tool so I grabbed the Poppy Crafts Embossing Tool as one end is a pokey tool and the other is a little spatula and a T-square as I really needed these.








This quote was perfect for this layout, not just for describing our friendship with Shirlee but for describing my son's friendships as some of his friends he doesn't get to see often but when they get together it is like no time has passed.

The balloons from the Birthday Boy Wishes range were perfect to pop behind my Oddball Gamer and cute wood veneer party hat from the Poppy Crafts Wooden Elements Birthday that I painted green really helped tell the story of the layout.

And how cute are those game controller brads?


I am really happy with how my Oddball Gamer turned out, Distress Inks are a great way to add colour to stamps.

The Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots gave him the lift he needed to pop.












The grungy papers from the 49 and Market Captured Adventure 6x6 paper pad combined with the green paper and the cute balloon number stickers really helped tell the story .   Adding some doodly balloon string and doodly boarders helped things feel finished.


















Creating a little quote card with the little quote that comes with the Oddball Gamer and combining it with the celebrate die cut from the Happy Hooray range that I used on my son's Fortnite layout and one of those cute game controller brads also aided in the telling of the story I think.
I think that Dina Wakely Washi was perfect for this layout.







I am really happy with how this layout turned out.  The Birthday Gamer Kit I pulled together was the perfect way to document this event and that gorgeous quote stamp really helped add that aspect of story telling regarding friendship to the layout.

I hope this has inspired you to create something.  If it has and you wind up creating a project due to this please let me know, I would love to check out your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment