Wednesday 20 February 2019

RARE Banner - Helmar Creative Team

Rare Disease Day is very special to my family, every year I share social media posts however this year I decided to host a Face Painting Afternoon Tea so we could get together with other local families and paint our faces in the Rare Disease Day logo colours and take a group selfie to share on social media for the #showyourrare campaign.  I thought a little decorating might be fun at the event so I decided to make a banner in addition to using tablecloths in the colours of the logo (I made some awesome op-shop finds for the 3 tablecloths).

You will need
Banner pieces, I just got this pack from Officeworks
Large die cut letters or wooden letters
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry
Papers and embellishments in the logo colours.  I used -
Pink Paislee Summer Lights 6x6 paper pad
Dear Lizzie Happy Place 6x6 paper pad
I decided to pull in some zebra items since the zebra is the mascot for Rare Disease/Rare Diagnosis from the 2018 fundraising kit from Scrapping Fun Kits and also used the butterflies from the cut apart and the awareness ribbon charm from this kit.
Paper doilies and tassle from a very old (I think it was 2016)  Kitaholic Kits embellishment kit
Blue and Pink hearts from Charms Creations
Pink, Blue, Purple and Green Twine.

I started by creating paper clusters by tearing my papers, adding in a paper doily or scrap of tissue paper and gluing them on to on each banner with Helmar Acid Free Glue.











For each piece once I had my paper layers down I added my letter, but first I cut the part off the top that was there for hanging the letter.  I then added embellishments to each banner piece with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.















Once my Banner pieces were done I joined them together with a piece of green twine, tying a know on one corner of each piece to avoid movement and then added twine in the other colours to each flag so as to hid the knot. 
I will hang the banner by adding more Green twine at each end on the day.
I really love how my banner turned out.  Photos of my decorations on the day and our face painted selfie will be up on my social media on the 28th of February so for now here is a pic of the banner on my table so you can see how cute it is.


A great thing about this banner is because I used Helmar and my Scrapbooking supplies it could go in my album with photos from the day as a double page spread or a fold out spread of some sort.  Now to decide if I want to keep it for next year or scrap it.
Do you love making Banners?  If so do you make some that are a little outside of the box in theme like this one is?

No comments:

Post a Comment