Thursday 30 August 2018

Mary Poppins DIY embellishments and layouts - Helmar Creative Team

Post number 2 about recording my memories of the 2018 Mary Poppins Festivel, to read post number 1 head here.

This post is about the pages I created with DIY embellishments I made using Helmar Glues.

Items used

Assorted free printables found online.
Paper doily and toothpick
Distress Inks Walnut Stain.

I started by making 2 paper doily parasols, I knew I wanted to use one of these with a particular photo I took on the day.
I folded a paper doily in half, and that half in half and so on until when folded out there was 16 segments.  I cut this in half, I folded the outer segments so they folded in. 
I grabbed a toothpick and used Helmar Quick Dry 450 glue to glue the toothpick to the inside of one side of the doily half.  I then added some Helmar Quick Dry 450 to the very edge of the back of this and glued the other side to this.  I ran a small amount of glue to the inside on the toothpick and glued the top section of the doily down onto the toothpick so it looks like a parasol.


I also cut out parts to make a paper kite to use when needed, and selected a twine to use when I adhere it down.  But more on that later.

Now that I had my parasols and pieces of a kite I started scrapping my memories.
As you will see in the videos I created many pages so I will just share a couple with you so the blog post isn't too long.

For the layout with the paper doily parasol I started by choosing a lovely vintage looking paper from a very old Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove.  I layered the backside of the left over piece behind the photo and added a section of vintage crocheted doily along the bottom.  I adhered the doily to the papers with Helmar Premium Craft Glue and adhered the papers together with Helmar Acid Free Glue.  I know my memories will last thanks to Helmar.

I aged my typed journaling with some Distress Ink in Walnut stain and adhered this to the crochet doily piece with Helmar Premium Craft Glue.
I then built a small cluster with the carpet bag charm from my Scrapping Fun Kits August 2018 Kit and a butterfly sticker from the Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove paper pack.  
Helmar Quick Dry 450 was the perfect glue for adhering the charm down to the paper.



I love how this page turned out.  The paper doily parasol was the perfect embellishment for it.


































When adding the kite to the page I used Helmar Premium Craft Glue, I simply applied it directly to the page in a wave and added the twine to it, then I added 4 dots on the twine to adhere the bows to and some to the top of the twine and the page to adhere the kite shape to.

I matted my photo with a journaling card from a free printable I found online and my background paper is from Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove.
































I have loved getting these memories recorded like this and using Helmar means they will last a lifetime.
I will have a flip through of the finished project up on my YouTube Channel shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment