Thursday 30 June 2016

D-lish Scraps June Inspiration Board

When I saw the colours in this months Inspiration Board from D-lish Scraps I knew it was perfect for this photo of my daughter after I cut her hair, she had been so sick for weeks that she couldn't even sit up to have someone else brush her hair so her hair needed to be cut, such happy colours for a photo where she was feeling good about how she looked for the first time since Hyperemisis gravidarum reared it's ugly head.
Unfortunately I was not able to get the Just Add Paper Kit this month though I do love them but had fun diving into my stash for supplies in the colours and used parts from a past kit in my Scrap the Boys Challenge layout.

I randomly layed out some of the embellishments and the photo to see how I felt about it before making a flower with the vintage lace that I had coloured previously coloured with Dylusions Spray in Funky Fuchsia.

Gold was a challenge as I didn't have any embellishments that were gold apart from Beading Wire and some beads.  I created some half flowers out of the wire and really like their effect.  I tried 2 different ways of winding them and prefer the way I created the one on the left.  I will upload a video shortly on how I did this style.

You can just see some of the aqua journalling tag, unfortunately after sticking everything down I decided to do some drips and sprays of Funky Fuchsia and got it on the tag which altered the colour to a more lilac shade.
I like how the beads work on the lace flower I made and the other paper and resin flowers I used.

I used another piece of the necklace that I used on my Altered Book and Scrap The Boys layout which you can see on the left of this photo.  I love this bead, it was the biggest one on the necklace and just gorgeous.
Here is one of the 3 Gold Beading Wire half flowers I created, I think the give a nice accent to the embellishment clusters.



I loved the beads when I first sprinkled them but as I added adhesive they weren't going down in the same pleasant pattern, personally I am not happy with the end result of the beads others may like it though.
I added another aqua journalling tag and a rose to cover a mistake in my title and the damaged journalling tag.
Note to self don't get so excited that you forget to mask off things you don't want spray on ever again ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment