Monday 2 September 2019

Aunty - Helmar Creative Team

I had a beautiful photo of my daughter with my granddaughter has been needing to be scrapped for some time now so I decided to create a Aunt themed kit for myself start with grabbing out the chipboard alphas I used on my 3 2 1 Crawl layout and sorted through them to see if I could make the word Aunty, as I was out of A's I used a V upside down as my A. 
I then pulled together papers, paper scraps and embellishments that coordinated with the colours I was using from the alphas but keeping it mostly pink as they are both wearing pink in the photo.
My papers were a old Dear Lizzy paper called Serendiity, papers from Pink Paislee Summer Lights 6x6 paper pad, Dear Lizzy Happy Place 6x6 paper pad and papers from the June 2018 and December 2018 kits from Scrapping Fun Kits.
My flowers came from the June 2018 and December 2018 kit from Scrapping Fun Kits, left over flowers from my Happy Days Diner layouts and a few from a destash bundle I bought that I think are from D-lish Scraps.  I also grabbed out a cool metal flower I got at a destash market, some chipboard butterflies, a chipboard bird and a cute arrow from Charm's Creations.

The first thing I had to do was fix these cute concertina flowers that had lost their centres so I grabbed out my Helmar 450 Quick Dry and some metal buttons from my button stash and put new centres on them so they were ready to use.
Now it was time to play with my papers. I salvaged what I could from where papers would be behind other layers so I would have scraps for elsewhere and adhered all my layers together with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
Here is how my layers look from behind and look how much paper I saved, I will wind up using a few bits from this elsewhere on the layout.
I adhered my layers down to some white cardstock with Helmar Acid Free Glue and started playing with my embellishments to work out a embellishment cluster.




Once I had my cluster worked out I started adhering things down with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, this was perfect for the variety of embellishments I had including a big chunky metal flower charm, Charms Creations arrow and various paper flowers.
I decided to use Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere my little tag that said Smile and to fussy cut out some cameras from the camera scrap paper, Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots were perfect for the cameras going into my big cluster as they needed that bit of lift to help them pop.


To adhere my alphas and a cute little heart from the set which I attache to the Smile tag I used Helmar Acid Free Glue.

I decided to add this cute chipboard butterfly to my layout.  After I painted it with some Vicki Boutin pink paint I added water to the paint and splattered it around my layout.
For my top and bottom corner I cut some strips from my scrap papers and adhered them down with Helmar Acid Free Glue and then added one of my fussy cut cameras to each of these corners.









I finished off with a doodley border with a old pink pen, added the You Make Me Happy card which I trimmed to fit and tucked in some paper scraps and scraps from trimming the You Make Me Happy card to create more layers.

I am really happy with how this layout turned out.
And look how many alphas I still have left.  I posted a pic on my Intagram and Facebook page and asked what words people could make from these.  What words can you make from these?


No comments:

Post a Comment