Wednesday 3 April 2019

Fortnite Birthday Party DIYS - Helmar Creative Team


My son really wanted a Fortnite party for his 12th Birthday and there wasn’t much available that suited so I did a few quick DIY’s for it, I wanted to share with you how I created some of them with Helmar.

Supply DROP container

You will need
Blue storage container
Yellow Cardstock to die cut the letters
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Helmar Crystal Kote Matte Varnish

Cut 2 lots of the letters DROP from yellow cardstock in a sort of stencil font, I used my Silhouette Curio for this but you could do it by hand also.












 Adhere the letters to each side of the container with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.


Once Dry give the letters a coat of Helmar Krystal Kote Matte Varnish to protect them.
On the day of the party tie a Yellow balloon to the handles for the DROP to arrive.






























Chug Jugs

You will need
Cans of soft drink
Printable chug jug labels
Hemlar Premium Craft Glue

Once you have printed the labels and cut them out adhere them to your cans with Helmar Premium Craft Glue.

















Med Kits

You will need
White Cardstock
Red paper, serviette or tissue paper scraps cut into inch wide strips
White paper scraps
Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA

Cut the box shape out of the white cardstock, I used my Silhouette Curio and a box template I found online and sized the file so I could get 2 to a A4 sheet.
















Assemble the boxes with Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA
Adhere the red strip (I cut mine from a red serviette) around the box.
Adhere a white + (I just cut mine from scrap printer paper) to the top of the box on the red strip.
Before sealing the red strip I added a clear glitter high bounce ball and some lollies in it.











Mini brown paper pags for Fries

You will need
Brown Paper Bags
Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA
12 inch trimmer
Cut each paper bag in quarters.
Cut a half inch away from what will be the bottom for the bags from the top half.
Fold over the side and bottom and glue with Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA.

I bought some French Fries Origninal chips and put them in small ziploc bags to keep them fresh until the kids ate them, this went inside the mini brown paper bags.  And they were put on the table next to Burger Gummie lollies from Aldi and served with Pizza. 
The kids loved that they were getting Fortnite food.


I also applied Shield Potion labels I found online to water bottles.  I filled the Drop Box with the Chug Jugs, Shield Potions and $1 water guns from The Reject Shop so it served as a supply drop and prompted a water fight.


I was hoping to convert a donky pinata to a Fortnite Llama pinata by removing the rainbow tissue papers and adhering the correct colours to it with Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA but I ran out of time so I just glued a printable version of the saddle bags to my rainbow donky with Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA the kids loved it but I couldn't get a good photo as the wind kept blowing it sideways.  It took a while to break due to the wind as the kids kept missing it so we ditched the blindfold due to the wind.

This all came together quickly and they kids loved it all.   Much fun was had and lots of happy memories on the day.










No comments:

Post a Comment