Sunday 8 September 2019

4 Farewell Cards

My husband and I were attending a party for 4 of his colleagues who were leaving after many years at his workplace, 3 of them I had worked with when I worked there 15 years ago.  Hubby wanted to give them a card each with a personal message from himself so I decided to make a set of 4 cards for him.

I had no idea what I was going to do so I started by designing a cut file for the word Farewell to use on my cards and cutting it from white cardstock 4 times.
You can download a copy of my cut file here.  Please if sharing the file or a project using the file link back to this post rather than just giving someone a copy of it.

I grabbed out 4 white card bases and initially I grabbed out a assortment of scraps, flowers, ribbons, lace and die cuts but the variety was making things harder than it had to be so instead I got out my December 2018 kit from Scrapping Fun Kits that was a pink with hints of black and white kit, having everything coordinating really helped get these cards done quickly.  I added some white flowers and a scrap of cream paper to this and set to work.

I cut my papers too size and then just built each card individually, first adding a piece of ribbon or lace and then adhering my die cut onto these with Helmar Acid Free Glue.

Once my word was down I added my flowers with Helmar Premium Craft Glue.

Once the card fronts were dry I adhered them to my card bases with Helmar Acid Free Glue.

I love how they turned out and they were so quick and simple to make once I reduced down my options so I wasn't overwhelmed with choice while creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment