Wednesday 10 April 2019

Happy Day - Fortnite Party Layout - CraftOnline Creative Team

I really wanted to scrap E's Fortnite themed Birthday but as there is no Fortnite themed supplies I decided to pull a few things together from CraftOnline and created a Fortnite kit for myself. 
If you have a Fortniter in the family then this bundle of goodies will suit your needs to scrap those Fortnite photos.

Items used

Poppy Crafts 3 Pine Trees Die
Poppy Crafts Paper Pad Textured Cardstock 6x6
American Crafts Pebbles Happy Hooray Beary Sweet paper
PhotoPlay Jurassic Park Collection
Eco Park Easter Wishes Collection
The Stickmaster double sided heat resistant tape 12mm 
The Stickmaster double sided heat resistant tape 6mm
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Poppy Crafts Happy Birthday Balloon Die (no longer available), alternatives include Cheery Lyn Hot Air Balloons set of 2 or Poppystamps Hot Air Balloons
American Crafts Pebbles Happy Hooray Ephemera Die Cuts
Doodlebug Designs Petite Prints Dot/Grid Daisy/Stripe

Other items bought but not used for this layout
(I will use these items on another Fortnite layout that I will share on the blog later.)


Doodle Pops Fry Day
Doodle Pops Pizza Love
Doodle Pops Well Done 
Poppy Crafts Ribbons Greens
Poppy Crafts Ribbons Violets


For the Supply Drop I cut my pieces from from the Doodlbebug Designs Petite Prints papers using a nice blue for the box/basket I ensured my paper just on the box and a little over the bow to give me a surface to glue.  For the yellow I cut it so that the entire bow and balloon was cover.  I cut 2 different yellows and 2 of the same blue.
Then I die cut some trees with the Poppy Crafts 3 Pine Trees Die from the dark green in the Poppy Crafts Textured Cardstock paper pad ready for my layouts. 



Next I sorted the die cuts from the American Crafts Pebbles Happy Hooray Ephemera Die Cuts to find the ones that might suit my layout.  Then I precut the papers I wanted to use on my layout into random sizes so they were ready to got and I mounted my photos with the dark blue paper in the Poppy Crafts Textured Cardstock paper pad.

Having everything ready to go meant I could work quickly and just focus on playing with my supplies to help tell the story of the photos I was using. 
Watch the video to see how I played with my papers and supplies until happy with what I had.



 
I pieced my Fortnite Supply Drop by gluing the main balloon piece to the box where the bow is.
Next I pieced the Balloon pieces together using the different yellow pieces to give shading.  I stuck them together with The Stickmaster heat resistant tape.











I adhered my balloons directly to my page with Helmar Acid Free Glue  and with my trees I adhered some with Helmar Acid Free Glue but then popped some up with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give my forest dimension.
I adhered the die cut banner Happy Day on top of my trees with Helmar Acid Free Glue  and adhere the stars from the pack randomly to the right, placing one on the supply drop box to hide a mistake.

I finished my layout off with a doodly border and called it done.


E love seeing the first layout about his Fortnite Party done and is looking forward to my getting some more scrapped with my little kit I have pulled together.



No comments:

Post a Comment