Wednesday 15 May 2019

49 and Market Thinking Of You card - CraftOnline Creative Team

 
Mother's Day is difficult for me since my Mum passed away but I do need to make cards with a feminine feel at this time of year and I am sure there are other people in my situation who find making a Mother's Day Card can be difficult so I like to make a more neutral card at this time of year that can fill the need for a Mother's Day Card for my MIL, or be used as a card for a friend, or a birthday card, a I miss you card, etc.  So with this in mind I grabbed a heap of Poppy Crafts dies that would suit feminine cards and a 6x6 paper pad from 49 and Market (my first purchase of 49 and Market papers and oh boy are these papers stunning).

I pre-cut a heap of die cuts with my Poppy Crafts die assortment from White Cardstock so it could be coloured with Distress Inks if needed and cut 4 of this gorgeous Thinking Of You Die from Elizabeth Craft Designs and then started playing.








Dies that I pre-cut to play with were:-
Elizabeth Craft Designs Thinking Of You die
Poppy Crafts Lace Oval Nested dies
Poppy Crafts Floral Corner #6 die
Poppy Crafts Two Butterflies
Poppy Crafts Ornate Floral Corner

I coloured them with mini Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio.

Adhesives used were Helmar Acid Free Glue and Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots.


The gorgeous 6x6 paper pad I used was Sweet Reflections from 49 and Market.  
The 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads from 49 and Market are fantastic for card making as the included laser cuts are a really good size for card making and the papers are a smaller version so the patterns suit small projects much better than a full 12x12 print.





My video today is my process of playing with these die cuts and the 6x6 paper pad which lead to the creation of this card.
Please check out the video to see how I coloured my die cuts and created my card.



I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to pop up some of the lasercuts from the 49 and Market paper pad to give my cluster some dimension.

I coloured  the centre of the small Poppy Crafts Lace Oval die cut with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet, using a Universal Crafts Mini Round Ink Applicator tool.

I adhered my 5 Thinking Of You die cuts together with some Helmar Acid Free Glue in a Universal Crafts Ultrafine Tip glue applicator. 
I hid a smudge on my g of my Thinking Of You die cut stack with a adorable butterfly from the laser cuts.

I love how the Victorian Velvet ink goes with the pin in the lasercuts.





































 I hope this project has inspired you to create something.                               

No comments:

Post a Comment