Monday 4 March 2019

Bubbles I must get them - Helmar Creative Team

Our dog Lily has always love chasing bubbles.  She will do all sorts of interesting and goofy leaps and runs around in pure delight trying to get them.  It is something I have wanted to document for years but Lily hates having her photo taken, if she sees you with a phone or camera she will stop having fun, turn away or put her head down usually under something so you can't get her photo.  So this time we played with the bubbles outside which made them much harder to catch for her but it meant I could be standing back enough that she wasn't worrying about whether I had a scary camera.  I took dozens of photos and had 4 good photos that I felt showed how much she loves chasing bubbles.

To create my layout I wanted to use Kraft Cardstock for the base and photo mats as it is the perfect colour for pulling your attention to Lily as it is close to the colour of her coat.  And I decided to combine it with some Kaisercraft Open Road papers I had in my stash as they would be perfect for coordinating with it being in a backyard, a stamp by Katzelkraft called textured droplets and a mini Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire.

I started by matting my photos, using Helmar Acid Free Glue to adhere them to the Kraft Cardstock.  Helmar gives a much better hold on Kraft Cardstock than other adhesives in my experience.

I then grabbed out my stamp and stamped my bubbles all over the page in my Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, not re-inking as I wanted the different faintness to represent the bubbles.

I then took my simple background outside and gave it a coat of Crystal Kote Matt Varnish to ensure the Distress Ink won't run if it were to ever get wet for any reason.

I pre-cut my papers in random sizes to make pulling the layout together quicker.  I started doing this in the last year or so and it really has helped reduce my indecisiveness when scrapping as I just have to use these pieces and make them work.

Next I glued down my papers and matted photos with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
And then added my title with some very old alphas from my stash, added my journaling and doodly border and called my layout done.

I love how it turned out.  It is a really simple layout but it tells the story and that is what was important for this layout.



What quirky things do your pets like to play with?  Have you thought about documenting them?



No comments:

Post a Comment