Wednesday 13 February 2019

Galentine's Day Card

The year has just gone so fast, I really wanted to organise something for Galentine's Day this year but before I knew it it was a couple of days away and I hadn't planned anything, so I made a quick Galentine's card with my left overs from the Valentine's card I made for hubby and a few other bits from my stash and I wanted to share it with you but first I think I should give a brief explanation of Galentine's Day for those who are unaware of this fun excuse to eat waffles and hang out with friends.

Galentine's Day is something that the character Leslie Nope created in the TV show Parks and Recreation, if you haven't watched that show yet go check it out, it is a fun show to watch. 
Anyway Galentine's Day is about spending time with your Gal Pals and celebrating each other.  It occurs on February 13th.  Waffles are the must food for the event, cute gifts, cheezy quotes and just celebrating the women in your life.  And a lot of women started having Galentine's Day celebrations after seeing the episode as well why not and every year since I saw the episode I think to myself I should organise something and then every year just runs away from me with recovery from Christmas, the chaos of the start of the school year, 2 Birthdays in the first 2 weeks of the school year, etc.  So I am promising myself next year I will invite my local Gal Pals to have some waffles and celebrate our friendship, fingers crossed I remember early in the year.

To make my card I used
Simple Stories Kissing Booth 12x12 sticker sheet
Poppy Crafts A2 cards
Doodlebug Petite Prints 6x6 paper pad
Lillybee Designs alphas
Scrap from Willow Lane 6x8 paper pad that I used for my Happy Days Diner layouts
Red doily from my Scrapping Fun Kits January Gaming themed kit
Pink spot paper from Dear Lizzy Happy Place 6x6 paper pad
Helmar Acid Free Glue

I cut a piece of bright pink paper from the Doodlebug paper pad to fit my card front.
Then because my scrap from Willow Lane was torn I tore a piece of pink spot paper from Dear Lizzy Happy Place to form a layer between the 2 papers.
I cut my paper doily in half and layered it between the Willow Lane paper and pink spot paper. 
I glued all my papers and paper doily down with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
Next I added the garland sticker from the Simple Stories Kissing Booth sticker sheet and 2 of the envelope stickers.

To create my sentiment I cut the Val from the Valentine's Day word sticker from the Kissing Booth sticker sheet and stuck the remaining word sticker down, then I added Gal where Val was with my Lillybee Designs alpha stickers.  And once this was down I cut the word happy from the happy together word sticker on the Kissing Booth sticker sheet to create Happy Galentine's Day.






And my card is done, I love how it turned out.



After making my card I decided to Google free printables for Galentine's Day and found so many great printables out there but here are a few I found.
Over on Amy Poehler's Smart Girls website you will find this article with links to various artists Galentine's Day works, not all are free but they are soooo cute.
If you don't want to make a card Bravelets has a printable with 4 cute cards to print fold and write a message in and the blog has a great explanation of Galentine's Day.
Flourish and Hope have some cute printable cards and invitations.
Live Laugh Rowe has some cute tags.
And there is so much more out there.

Are you doing anything with your Gal Pals for Galentine's Day this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment