Monday 31 July 2017

Doctor Who themed planner set up for Mr C

Mr C changed schools this term and that meant he could return to using his filofax after using a standard school diary for 2015 and 2016 and a electronic diary for the first semester of this year as that is what his schools were using.


He asked to go up to a A5 so it was fortunate that I had a TARDIS blue Pennybridge that I got on clearance at the end of 2016 as it was the cheapest way to get 2017 inserts, notepad and note paper for my husband's planner (he prefers the standard column filofax inserts over any printables I have accessed).
The handy thing with this Pennybridge is it fits the boys iPad so he can access apps that he needs to use during school hours while using his planner also.



You can see Mr C's previous set up that worked really well for him in 2014 in this video I did on both boys planner set ups.


I had spent some time over recent weeks trying to find free inserts for Mr C that would suit his needs so I printed what I had and he thought about what other things he wanted in there.  A teacher in a Planner group recommended I get him a spiraldex insert so he can track his time so I found this great insert unfortunately I can't find the original creator of this insert, the pinterest post just opens to a photo.
I also found these great study inserts, I edited them in a word doc so the class schedule/time table would be a fold out and he could have his monthly or weekly inserts open with it fully visible.
Mr C went through my sticky note and sticker collection to select some he thought would be good for him to use.

As the Pennybridge is a gorgeous TARDIS blue he asked for Doctor Who themed dividers and dashboard.


I did a Google Image search for some positive quotes from Doctor Who which lead me to discovering this gorgeous piece that features one of my favourite Dr Who quotes from an artist on Devianart, I have requested permission to use her work, hopefully I hear back from her soon.

I tried to find the artist for each piece that Mr C wanted for his dividers but unfortunately 3 of the pieces there was no identifying information available.  Finding the artist on Devianart involved me googling the name of her watermark.  
I usually would not use something that has no way to identify it but this was for Mr C so I made a exception.


The Quotes I wanted to use for him include:
"We are all stories in the end.  Just make it a good one."

"900 years of time and space, I have never met anyone who wasn't important."

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."


Mr C loves his new set up and is looking forward to seeing if the inserts and set up work for him.
In addition to the homework inserts, spiraldex, monthly inserts and time table I printed off a Essay Planner and Assignment Tracker for him to try.
He asked to have a sketch section, brain dump section and for me to get his Physio and OT exercises reprinted in A5 so he has quick access to them.


I still need to make him a Dr Who themed page marker as he is using the Project Life divider that he was using in his personal planner, I just added a 7th hole that I cut a slit into so that the marker can be used in either A5 or personal.

We are a week into using his new set up and he is loving having his time table open out the way it does.  He says this set up is working for him.

Does your child have a planner?
If they do what inserts have you found that they love?


No comments:

Post a Comment