Wednesday 11 December 2019

Adding a photo to a finished layout in my Childhood Christmas Memories Album - Ruby RockIt Creative Team



In addition to finding the Santa photo in my previous Ruby Rock-It Project I found this treasure that I didn't know existed.  I remember posing for it but I thought it had been among photos lost during our first house flood.  I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this.  I just had to get it into my Childhood Christmas Memories Album but slight hiccup, the perfect spot for it is finish so what to do? I decided I would create a 6x6 layout with the Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures range that I can stick to the back of my tip in that is for something that occurred this Christmas.
I am sure this photo is from the year that St Nick came to me for the first time, and that is a important memory as it highlights just how close my family and my childhood best friend's family had become, we had started to adopt some of their Christmas traditions and it was wonderful.

I selected a paper from the 6x6 paper pad as my background paper and a matte for my photo and paper for my journalling tag. 

I matted my photo onto white cardstock and that red Christmas sparkles paper (as I like to call it) and added my Advent Candle die cut (I do love a embellishment that helps tell the story of my photo and this one did just that as part of the Schumm's Christmas was a Advent Candle Wreath).
I didn't adhere any of this down to my 6x6 background page yet.  I adhered them to each other but not the page as I needed to make a pocket for my journalling tag.


I created my journalling tag and then set about creating my pocket for my journalling.
Note to self:  Don't Journal Tired, you make too many mistakes you have to fix later.  ;)

To create my pocket I used Stickmaster Heat Resistant Tape as in my climate all other tapes used on pockets and minis have given way.
I worked out how I wanted my tag to poke out as it would form part of my layers and embellishments and I added my tape to accommodate this.


I adhered my cluster down to my page.
When I created my tag I added this poinsettia as a pull for the tag and positioned it to act as a additional embellishment to the layout.















When I went to add the layout into my album I realised it was going to have overhang so I added a 2 inch piece of the poinsettia paper to the back ensuring it went past the die cut and then I trimmed it off, so when it is stuck down you won't see white from the top page.














The front page has holly on it so adding a Holly die cut from the Nostalgic Treasures die cut over where the Poinsettia die cut back is was a perfect was to blend the 2 page edges together to make it feel finished.















You can find a flip through of my completed album here.


No comments:

Post a Comment