Tuesday 10 December 2019

Christmas Traditions - Santa Photo - Helmar Creative Team

My boys still get a Santa photo each year, which I think is absolutely awesome.  I think it is because their sisters were teens when they were little and it was just normal for teens to be in Santa photos in our family, my girls participated in this Christmas Tradition until they moved away for Uni at age 18 and 19.  Or it is because they know I love having these photos to scrap.  Either way I think it is awesome.  And it is likely to continue as we are moving to Brisbane and will be near my granddaughter so they will have the chance to have Santa photos with her.
So today I am sharing a layout with you of last year's Santa photo.
I wanted to have red and black in my layout due to the colours my boys were wearing so I mounted my photo on black cardstock with Helmar Acid Free Glue
Then I selected some left over papers from Simple Stories Simple Vintage Christmas 6x8 paper pad (I love that this paper pad included a black plaid as my son was wearing a black shirt) and then pulling in embellishments from Kaisercraft Letters to Santa Collectables, Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures and from a old Scrapping Fun Kits DD Kit. 
I was torn on position of one piece of paper and the lace so I bounced ideas off my feel Helmar Team Members.  I love that I have this group of amazing crafters that when I am feeling a bit stuck I can bounce ideas off of.
Now that I had decided on where things would go it was time to adhere things down, starting with the little Santa Hat.
I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere this to my photo.  I put a blob on the back of the corner then slid the hat over and pressed down.
Then working with one layer of papers at a time I cut away paper that would be hidden behind things, added a line of Helmar Acid Free Glue and adhered the top layer down.
I found myself wanting a simple background of cardstock but a layered cardstock with black, red and white.  I did the same thing with layering these.  I cut a one inch window inside my black and red layer, the red layer was cut down to 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 inchs and my white layer to 11 1/2 x 11 12 inches.
To adhere the lace down I ran a bead of Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive down where I wanted my lace to go and then put the lace down and tucked it around the paper layer it was ending at.
I adhered some Prima Marketing leaves to one of the Kaisercraft die cuts and then to the page with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.
I needed to make a pocket for my tag I was going do my journaling on. 
I decided to build 4 layers of thin strips of scrap cardstock to give me a higher pocket.  
I then adhered them to the back of the tree die cut I had chosen from Crafters Choice Nostalgic Treasures die cuts pack with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
Once I had my lace, tree and Prima Leave flower down I added the rest of my flowers and a tag that says Christmas Traditions down with a mix of Helmar Acid Free Glue and Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots so I could adjust the height of things as needed.
I then adhered my whole cluster down to my cardstock and realised my green paper was slightly crooked so I added some scraps to detract the eye from this with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
I love how this layout turned out, the hints of black is just what it needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment