Wednesday 24 July 2019

Purple Birthday Wishes - Ruby Rock-it Creative Team



When I saw the new Bella Purple Haze range I just had to make my daughter a Birthday card, she loves purple and the gorgeous PH203 Purple Haze Ballons paper was perfect for a card.
So I pulled out a some purple card bases from the Francheville Cards & Envelopes boxes Primary and Pastel and a assortment of purple bling from Crafter's Choice, some Fundamentals Tags and some Francheville Glitter Silver Doilies and I started playing.
Once playing I would add some Ruby Rock-It GZ51 Glitz Cardstock Lavender, Crafters Choice Bling Borderlines Purple and the adorable FUN83 Fundamentals Sentiments stamp set to my kit, along with mini Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet.


I decided to start by working on a tag.  I blended Shaded Lilac and Wilted Violet mini Distress Inks on my tag, leaving some white area.







Then I grabbed out my FUN83 Fundamentals Sentiments stamp set and stamped 2 of the flowers and the Happy Big Day sentiment with Wilted Violet Distress Ink on my tag.
This stamp set is so very handy.  It has a wide variety of sentiments and items that are the perfect size for cards and tags and it's compact size makes it great for crafting on the go.  I love it.






I then decided to add some gorgeous Purple Crafter's Choice Bling to my flower centres.
Decisions I make later on the card will have me changing this, but I really do love this shade of purple.















Now time to work on my card base.  I made a final decision on which card base to use, the purple from the Primary box or the more lilac colour from the Pastel box I went with the Primar to sort of pull the Wilted Violet in a bit better.

I decided to grab out my Ruby Rock-It GZ51 Glitz Cardstock Lavender and create a layered affect with the PH203 Purple Haze Ballons paper but cutting windows out of my pieces.
I cut my Ruby Rock-It GZ51 Glitz Cardstock Lavender to 4 1/16th inches x 5 3/8 inces and I cut my PH203 Purple Haze Ballons paper to 3 7/8 inches x 5 1/4 inches.  I then came in a 1/2 inch on all sides of both pieces to created my frames/windows.





I started building my layers by adhering my frames of Ruby Rock-It GZ51 Glitz Cardstock Lavender and PH203 Purple Haze Ballons paper down with Helmar Acid Free Glue to my card base.















I decided to add my next layer with foam tape.
My inner piece of Ruby Rock-It GZ51 Glitz Cardstock Lavender was a perfect size, however as I always need some wiggle room and foam tape isn't forgiving I cut a new piece just a fraction bigger so if I didn't get it perfect it wouldn't be as noticeable.  I cut it at 3 1/4 inches x 4 1/2 inches.









I just adhered the inner piece of PH203 Purple Haze Ballons paper as is with Helmar Acid Free Glue. 
It was slightly too narrow so I off centred it to the right and covered the left with bling in my next step.






I decided to cover my left side of my top pieces with a Francheville Glitter Silver Doily cut in half and some bling that I hadn't gotten out when building my kit, the Crafters Choice Borderlines in Purple.
I then sort of tucked my tag in under the bling and adhered it down with Helmar Acid Free Glue.











See you can't tell that my top piece was slightly incorrect.
I also added some Baker's Twine from my stash in a purple similar to my card base to help pull it all together.


I decided to add a die cut butterfly that I had coloured with mini distress inks for another project to the top right corner of my card.
I adhered it by just adding some Helmar Acid Free Glue to it's body so it's wings could be sitting up.














I then decided the butterfly needed a body that matched my bling boarder as should my flower centres on my tag so I cut some of the lilac gems from the left over trim to use on these.




















And I called my card done. 
I am really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment