Wednesday 10 July 2019

Pink and Lilac 1st Birthday Card - Ruby Rock-It Design Team




My niece is turning 1 so I needed a card for her Birthday and the adorable Baby range from Bella was the perfect inspiration for this card.
So I pulled together a little kit for myself that included BBY574 Baby Girl Starry Night, BBY567 Baby Girl Onesie, Francheville Cards & Envelopes Pastel Pack, Crafter's Choice Bling Flowers in pink, Crafter's Choice bling alphas and Francheville Mini Doilies in White.



I started by fussy cutting out some onesies from the Onesie paper and as I don't like to waste anything I even cut to half onsies from the corner of the paper and glued them together.

The card base I chose was this lovely pastel lavendar base so I wanted to colour one of my onsies to be a similar colour so it would pull it all together.  I selected Shaded Lilac from my Mini Distress Inks to colour one of my onesies and as I wanted to edge my pink onesies to hide any little hints of white edge I grabbed out Victorian Velvet as the closest match to the darkest shading on the onesie.
As you can see the edging with the Victorian Velvet was perfect, you can't tell that I inked it and that was the look I was going for.

The Shaded Lilac created a lovely soft change.  I just blended the ink on and then spritzed it as I wanted a smoother finish and dried with my heat gun.
Now that I had my bits I cut down my Starry Night Paper to fit my card front with just a hint of the Lilac showing behind it and played with my supplies until I had a cluster I loved.


I grabbed out some dusty pink flowers from my stash and this adorable orchid that is a lilac colour which I bought at a destash market to add to my card so I could pull more of the lilac into the front.

Once happy with what I had I glued my items down with a mix of Helmar Glues.  The doily and 2 of my onesies were glued down with Helmar Acid Free Glue, the flowers were glued down with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive and for my top onesie I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to give it some pop.

I finished off my top onesie by adding a adorable flower from the Crafter's Choice Bling Flowers in Pink on the right side of the chest of the onesie.

To finish off my card I added ONE in Crafter's Choice Bling alphas into my cluster of embellishments.
I love how my card turned out and can't wait to give it to my niece.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment