Wednesday 21 November 2018

Band Camp - Helmar Creative Team

Today I am sharing with you my Music layout that I created for the Helmar Creative Team to document a special photo of my eldest at her first band camp. 
Items used
Helmar Acid Free Glue
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Maggie Holmes Willow Lane 6x8 paper pad
Crate Paper Wild Heart Thickers
August 2017 kit from Scrapping Fun Kits (washi, metal flowers and metal charms)
Green Tara Flowers
49 Market Flowers
Dina Wakley paint in Eggplant
13 Arts Gold Glitter Paint

I started by getting out 3 photos I wanted to scrap - this one, a photo of my son at playing his sax with the school band at assembly for the first time and a group selfie from when my daughter toured as a cellist with Elvis to the Max when she was 19.  I then got out the last of my music themed kit from Scrapping Fun Kits last year and some left over bits from creating my Happy Days Diner layouts in September and set to work.  Once I had this all out I looked at the photos and decided the Band Camp photo was the one most suited to my supplies and started creating.
As my daughter loves purple I decided to paint the chipboard piece with my Dina Wakley paint in eggplant and then give it a coat of some gold glitter paint I got in a Dusty Attic Mystery box last month.  I dried this with my heat tool not thinking about the glitter in the pain and some of it melted so I knew when it came time to create my clusters I would have to strategically place things to hide the melted bits.
My background paper was created by cleaning up the left over purple paint by using the packaging technique (add water to the paint, smoosh a piece of plastic packaging in it and smoosh it onto white cardstock, I then smooshed/wiped the edges of the cardstock in the watered down paint that was left behind.

Once I had my background cardstock dry I started building my paper layers and adding my photo.  I used Helmar Acid Free Glue to adhere my papers, photo, chipboard and 2 of the washi pieces as it was the end or the roll and the washi was on a cardboard roll so needed some help to stick after I pulled it off.  I love this glue so much.









Now it was time to add my flowers  and metal bits to my layout.  I started by building the cluster on and around my chipboard and then balanced it out with some washi in each corner and adding 2 flowers and some metal bits to these areas.  I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere my flowers, metal charms and metal flowers.  This is my favourite glue for adding the chunky bits to my layouts.































Once it was all down I added my title and a small amount of journalling.  This photo tells a story that needs a lot of journalling so I am going to get my daughter to write it down and add a second page to it that is just journalling.


Thank you for checking out my layout and I hope it has inspired you to create.


No comments:

Post a Comment