Friday 1 June 2018

Back to School - White with 1 June Challenge Guest DT for Scrapping Fun Kits

Raelene here with my Guest Designer layout for the White with 1 June Challenge.
When I saw the name of this month's colour I just had to try and include some bits from the STEM/STEAM kit.  In addition to the bits from the April Kit I pulled out supplies from the May kit, a paper from a TN kit and supplies from a upcoming kit so I would have a variety to choose from.  Unfortunately my shade wasn't quiet right but

I was torn between photos of the boys first days of school this year or photos from morning tea with my cousin last year, in the end I went with the school photos as Mr C loves space so the prompt really drew me to recording a memory specific to my boys.




Due to the length of my ribbon I decided to do a TN layout as it was only a couple of millimetres too short so I cut it so the gap would be behind the embellishment on the journalling spot, this flair from the May 2017 Kit hid the gap nicely.






Instead of the journalling the sketch shows I cut down a paper bag to size and used some Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue to stick the base and side back together and used this for some hidden journalling, the sketch had a small tab on the journalling card so the flap of the bag was perfect for this.

As this layout is about how technology has allowed my kids to attend school from home and learn about all kinds of wonderful things I decided to use the Mars Rover Flair and a Moon Sticky note for the bottom embellishment cluster with 2 cute washi from the TN Kits.


I love how this layout turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment