Wednesday 4 March 2020

Headset Repair - Helmar Creative Team


One of the ear cushions/muffs came of C's headset and with the move I did not want to be replacing his headset just yet so I decided to try fixing it myself. 
Ideally I would have like to use Helmar Fabric Glue for adhering the fabric back down and then Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere it to the plastic but I packed my Fabric Glue when I packed my sewing stash so I just had the 450 Quick Dry to work with and it worked really well.


To adhere the fabric back where it has come away from the stitching I worked in small sections with my Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive gluing it in place a inch or so at a time.






Once this was dry I put Helmar 450 Quick Dry on the surface for the muff and adhered it down to the headset.













I wrapped some rubber bands around it and left it to dry for longer than needed as I wanted to be sure I gave it it's best chance at holding.

















All fixed.
As I am typing this he has been using his headset for a week and there are no signs of any issues.









































No comments:

Post a Comment