Monday 7 October 2019

I Love Dance - Ruby Rock-It Creative Team

When I saw the gorgeous new Bella Mini Theme called Dance Queen I just had to scrap photos of my Granddaughter's first dance lesson so I decided to make a a TN kit from DQN69 Fusion and DQN83 On Pointe adding some lace from my stash. 
I decided to keep DQN76 Pose as a full sheet so I can use it with the left overs from this project to do a 12x12 layout for Miss E's album later.

I selectively cut words and cards from DQN69 Fusion to start my little travel kit and then I cut DQN83 On Pointe down to 2 pieces measuring 4 1/4 x 8 1/4 as I thought I might want to do a double page in my TN with the adorable photos I have.
I also added the 8 1/4 long scrap from doing this and a piece of Fusion that I didn't want the cards from to use the back side of both of these as layers as they are just gorgeous.


Now that I had everything ready to go I worked out photo placement on my 2 pages and trimmed the photos as needed.













On what would be the left page I decided to carefully adhere the photo to my matte piece and then create a pocket with them using Xpress It Double Sided Tape, so I could tuck the adorable tags from   behind them to give more layers but I would also be able to get my daughter to journal about this memory or I could journal about our Facetime chat about it at a later date.













I then added my piece of lace and selected one of the words that I had trimmed from  and adhered them down with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.











Now to move onto the right hand page.
I worked out my layers and I knew I wanted to add a ballerina to this side so I fussy cut her out and tried to save as much as the card as I could so I could tuck it in to the layers on both pages to give more texture.

On the left page I tucked a section from the card under the lace.






 
I tucked a piece of the card behind the Ballerina I fussy cut from the card and slightly under the photo.

When adhering the Ballerina I just put some glue down the middle of her so she would still have some dimension.

She really is perfect for these photos of my Granddaughter, isn't she?






















Finally I adhered my 2 pages into my Traveler's Notebook.
I love how the double page spread turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment