Tuesday 1 November 2016

Super Mario Brothers Birthday Invites

Mr E has been rather indecisive regarding his 10th Birthday Party and with just 6 days to go asked for a Super Mario Party, I was planning on just doing basic invites up quickly now that I finally had a guest list from him but as I scrolled Pinterest for DIY decoration inspiration Mr E spotted these cute exploding box invites as he looked over my shoulder and asked me to make 20 while he was at school that day so he could hand them out the next morning.
I went with simple decoration on the invites due to the limited time I had to create them, the kids loved them and were so excited to recieve them from Mr E.









Here are the cutting and scoring measurements but I recommend watching the below video to see how the process worked.
Cut the cardstock to 9 1/2 x 6 3/4 inch. 
Score at half inch on one side then flip and score ever 2 1/4 inch. Turn 90 degrees and score every 2 1/4.
Then selectively cut on the score lines to get the needed shape.


I don't think I will get much scrapping done this week but I am looking forward to creating things that suit a party in a park that are Super Mario themed.

No comments:

Post a Comment