Monday 29 August 2016

Jot Magazine August Moodboard

When I saw the Jot Magazine August Moodboard I knew it was the perfect inspiration for scrapping my daughter's first time touring when she was 19 as a cellist with Elvis To The Max for his Mackay and Rockhampton performances.  But which photo to use.  I decided to use a photo of her with Max and some of the other musicians with their instruments.

I started by selecting various embellishments that may suit the layout and some scraps of red paper and a sheet of grey paper from the 6x6 pad from Kaisercraft's Through The Looking Glass range.  I also grabbed some die cuts from Kaisercraft Close Up Collectables.

I wanted this layout to be fairly quick and simple to create as I want to get as many challenges done this month I can.

First I did some stenciling on the smooth side of my white cardstock but I was not happy with the results so I flipped the cardstock over and used a red Mister Hueys spray to do some droplets by taking the nozzle out and giving it a shake.









I got these gorgeous music brads some time ago, I don't remember the brand but I love them, I added the flower to cover up something that I didn't want visible.  There are no mistakes in scrapbooking, just happy accidents that allow you to change your layout by moving things or adding things.

I was working on this embellishment cluster when I spotted this cute felt bow that was included in my small order from Rainbow Splendour and I just had to add it in as it is black and glittery which is perfect.

Some of the red Mister Hueys Spray got on my Memories tag accidentally despite it not being near the cardstock but I really like the effect.
I tore a piece of washi in half length ways and added it to the bottom left and top right of the page.
I stamped some cute stars with CTMH Slate Ink after I had finished the layout.


My finished layout, I intentionally have not completely finished it as I want my daughter to do the journaling and I will add the Title once I have her journaling to add.
Appologies for the layout looking like the red paper is not straight, my usual surface for photographing my layout is currently not available so I had to take this photo on a chair which was not flat.
Have you partcipated in any Challenges this month?  If so please share them with me.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous page. This was a favourite moodboard of mine too! I love your clustering and that photo goes so well with the theme. Love it!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise.
      It was a great moodboard. I love moodboards that get me scrapping music photos though I don't have many from all she has done as often you aren't allowed to take photos at venues.

      Delete
  2. I think I need to start using moodboard's for inspiration to get more layouts done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. So will you be joining in the fun of Scrapbooking Challenge? :)

      Delete