Tuesday 30 August 2016

D-lish Scraps August Moodboard

I loved the triangles in this month's D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board and the colour scheme gave me a excuse to opened 2 of my favourite 6x6 paper pads.  I chose to use a photo of my son that I quickly took during a tour of the High School he will go to next year in the STEM room, he was having a bad pain day so a smile was not going to happen despite how happy and excited he was about a STEM room.


I selected 3 papers from each paper pad and cut triangles from each paper with my 12 inch trimmer.









I picked out these items from my leftovers from the June 2015 Just Add Paper Kit from D-lish Scraps as I felt they could be useful in the layout.
I also grabbed my DIY Enamel Dots as the dark blue would suit this layout, some yellow embroidery floss and a selection of die cuts from Kaisercraft Garage Days.
I wished I had more than 1 of the cute paper straws left but I made do by cutting it into 6 pieces to adhere under my photo mat.









Happy Litttle Mistakes again changed how I expected to do my layout.  I used a different adhesive that wasn't as repositionable as the one I prefer and I needed to reposition some of my triangles which caused some small tears so I used the embroider floss, tire die cuts and some gears to hid the tears, they were only 3 small tears but if I only covered them the page didn't feel finished so I added more to help it feel balanced.  

11 comments:

  1. Thats fantastic. I love how you took the camera toy piece and use not just the normal photos and apers etc. Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine.
      I hope to see you crafting soon ;)

      Delete
  2. Thats fantastic. I love how you took the camera toy piece and use not just the normal photos and apers etc. Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love where you went with the triangle theme and I would never know that you'd had to pull some paper up and cover it! Great page.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise.
      I like to share when I have made a happy little mistake so those who are perhaps disheartened when they make a mistake see that it is all fine in the end.

      Delete
  4. Love these colours, they are mostly what I use too and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the triangles! I don't think I have ever used triangles before, they look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seryn.
      Yes I loved the colour combo for August also.
      Triangles were fun.

      Delete
  5. This looks great, very creative way of using the triangles too.. and thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Lizzyc. Thank you for commenting on mine also.

      Delete
  6. I love the triangles. The patterns are gorgeous. And the use of the straws. I never thought of that. I have so many of those straws here. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete