Wednesday 4 November 2020

Spring Birthdays Are So Sweet

I have a number of Birthdays in Spring so I find myself making cards when I have craft time instead of getting other projects done, but I don't mind, I am enjoying these little pops of creating.

Today I wanted to share with you the card I made for a special Birthday that occurred at the end of September.
My daughter and granddaughter both love the colour yellow so when I saw this new Butter Mini Collection from 49 and Market I just had to grab it for making my daughter a card and when I turned around at the shop they had a bulk bag of lovely big flowers that were mostly yellow and perfect for cards so I grabbed that too as I was just about out of yellow flowers, or so I thought.

To make my card I selected this gorgeous piece of paper and trimmed it to fit my card base (still working through that pack of 100 I bought 2 years ago).Then I edged my card front with Scatter Straw Distress Ink. 
I took it outside and gave it a coat of Helmar Crystal Kote Matte Varnish

I adhered my card front to my card base with Helmar Acid Free.
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I selected one of the lovely big yellow flowers I bought and some smaller flowers from my stash and played around until I liked how I had them and then I adhered them down with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.

To finish the card I added a wodden flower using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere it and then grabbed out some big number stickers to add her age.

 





I love how the card turned out and my daughter was really happy to receive it.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment