Sunday 18 September 2016

Kraft+ September Moodboard Layout

Sorry there has been a gap in content, I have been working on a few special projects that can't be shared for some time and they needed to be created before working on this months Challenges and other layouts.  I have also been reorganising my craft space so that I could set up a camera to film process videos and tutorials, this impacted my craft time but now that I am all set up I am looking forward to more crafting time.
Now that my camera is set up this was going to be my first process video but unfortunately at the end I discovered I hadn't hit record like I thought I had, so sorry my next layout will have to be my first process video.  I have done a walk through video instead.
I love that Kraft+ Challenge is encouraging double layouts this month so I created a double 8x8 layout for the album I am doing for my daughter and her pregnancy journey.

As usual I started by going through my embellishments for items in the colours of the moodboard.
I selected die cuts from Kaisercraft Charlotte's Dream Collectables that the colours reminded me of watermelons and honeydew melons, white die cut butterflies I recieved in a die cut swap which I then coloured with CTMH blue and pink mini pigment inks, gorgeous apricot flowers from D-lish Scraps, honeyew melon shade of green mini paper roses from Kaisercraft.
I selected a few papers from this paper pad from Studio Calico that had melon colours in.
I chose this goreous paper as it had lovely watermelon pinks, a lovely honeydew hint of green, a small amount of rockmelon orange and I loved those yellow dots.


I selectively cut the paper so that I could have the most of the different melon colours showing without losing too much behind photos or losing too much of the Kraft paper as that is the hero of this challenge.
I also used the top strip from 2 sheets in the pad that are pink and blue and cut flags from them to use on the pages.

I love the softness of the ink on the white die cut butterflies.
Butterflies are a feature througout her album as a butterfly is in the logo for HG Awareness.  I thought the ribbon was purple and blue but I wish to correct myself the Awareness logo is pink and blue.

This is a difficult layout to photograph as the photos are not great quality due to it being in a A&E with dimmed lights and a very stressful situation but I felt as Hyperemisis Gravidarum is such a significant part of her pregnancy journey documenting her A&E trips, Hospital admissions, etc was very important.
I loved the photo series in the right hand side as it is her youngest brother who is a real hugger sneaking to give her one of his big hugs and our second youngest being very gentle and just leaning near her as he was so worried about her.

Are you participating in the Kraft+ Challenge this month?  If so are you going to do a double page layout?

6 comments:

  1. That made me laugh with your videoing. I've done a couple & they're SOO much work I've pretty much given up. I've done just what you did! Regardless, your double looks brilliant. Those papers are yum and just the thing for our challenge at K+. And I so agree with you. The WHOLE journey needs to be documented - this was obv a huge part of it!!! Thanks for joining in this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy.
      I laughed at myself also.
      I am using a webcam attached with duct tape to the top of the old computer workstation style desk I am scrapping on and the only downside is I have to have it plugged into my laptop to record which usually lives in the keyboard shelf, so I have to sit my laptop on my 4 cube shelf next to me and hit record and wait the 2 second delay and start talking/creating.
      I did a new video showing how I prepare for Challenges even though I talk about it in the video for this layout I of course had things already stuck down so just wanted to do a better video of it.
      Thank you for the lovely feedback regarding my layout.

      Delete
  2. Just subscribed. Loved the walk through and the zip lock bag is a great idea (better than mine, where I just throw it all in a pile!!!) Can't wait to see what you do in a video.
    A lovely layout with such an important story! Great job.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise.
      Thank you for subscribing.
      I just filmed my first process video, trying to get the narration done with a excited dog midway lol.
      My first process video will be up soon, it is a quick one as I am doing quick and simple layouts this month.

      Delete
  3. Lovely layout...those papers are lovely & create a wonderful softness. I love those large butterflies too. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula.
      It has been a lot of fun particiapting in Kraft+

      Delete